Want to raise funds for your charity fast? Raffles are an effective means, but sourcing raffle prizes can be somewhat of an undertaking. Consider the 50/50 raffle as an alternative! It’s a great way to raise funds quickly and you don’t have to figure out the prize situation—that bit’s built right in. All that’s needed are some great-looking 50/50 raffle tickets to sell.
What is a 50/50 Raffle Draw?
- A 50/50 raffle’s prize is built into the ticket price. The total amount earned by raffle ticket sales is split evenly between the winner and the charity.
- Since raffle ticket sales are shared equally by the cause and lucky winner, this raffle isn’t as big an earner as a traditional raffle. However, its return on investment is terrific. Additionally, it takes far less time, people, and effort to put together.
- Though not expected, 50/50 raffle winners often donate their prize (or a portion) back to the cause.
Tips for a 50/50 Raffle
- Ticket prices are typically between £1 – £10, depending on whether your raffle draw is part of a larger fundraising event.
- Encourage raffle ticket buyers with an incentive, such as a reduced per ticket price for the purchase of multiple tickets.
- Use a clear plastic jug to collect tickets and draw the winner. Make sure those selling the tickets are wearing aprons with pockets or fanny packs—that way, they have a place to hold unsold tickets and a spot to stash cash generated by sales.
- Keep ticket sellers apprised of how much money has been generated so far—a growing prize is a more enticing one!
What You’ll Need
- First, make sure everything is legal by reviewing the Gambling Commission’s rules as they pertain to your fundraiser. Don’t forget to check the laws regarding the promotion of your raffle using social media sites such as Facebook.
- Raffle tickets! What kind depends on whether your raffle will be held as a standalone or is ancillary to your fundraiser.
- In cases of standalone draws, it’s best to go with tickets custom printed with cause and draw details. This is because they’ll give your raffle a professional look and feel.
- Cloakroom-style tickets are excellent for 50/50 raffles embedded within a bigger benefit event.
Back to blog Back to top